Monday 20 August 2007

Thinking Twice

There are some things which people don't really think twice before doing. Somethings work out good when some people don't think twice. While certain other people aren't thats lucky. It's very strange how certain people don't realize what they are doing is right or wrong.

For example ( the good effect people) certain people don't think twice before expressing their emotions. Well sometimes thats a good thing but sometimes its not. The people who say it on your face think that they are doing you a big favour, they say " I am like that, very frank. I say what I feel. Take it or leave it." I think its nice to be frank and all but then you also must be ready to face the consequences.

Then there are some people who are complete opposite of the 1st category, they don't say anything till it is unbearable. Then when they say it they don't think twice. They are worse than the 1st category because theirs are bottled up emotions related to the past, related to the character and nature of the event unfolded in front of her/him.

These are serious issue or matters. Some other situations are such where we as "Indians" don't think twice before doing ( there could be exceptions to the case I don't want a Devilish experience here). For example throwing rubbish on the roads, throwing stuff outside our windows, sometimes even spitting on the street, pushing elderly people on railway stations and the list continues.

I think without these people there would be no entertainment. Its nice to observe such events and think about where we stand. But also I am not saying that if someone litters the surroundings you must keep quite about it. I don't allow it myself. Well I fall into the category of people who don't think twice before asking someone to stop littering. I believe if you can't clean then don't make the place dirty.

What say my readers can we not litter please THINK TWICE before you want to. We wouldn't do it if we were in the west would we?!

1 comment:

Pooja Nair said...

I agree with your views. I don't appreciate people who act frank and forget to be tactful.

The idea behind criticism is to help that person improve. So, if you say it in a tactless way, the concerned person will get defensive and not want to see the error.

Saying "i don't agree with that" is better than "I think that is stupid".

The first statement will get you to ask "why?"
The second statement will make you feel small, irritated and will make you defensive.

Littering and piling up of garbage is a massive issue in this country. There are numerous places in mumbai, where garbage gets collected for years! Nobody clears them!

People don't hesitate to throw garbage out of their car/train windows since they don't feel that their looking for a dustbin will help the city look clean...

It's a vicious cycle! :(

See how thought provoking your post is! :D