Thursday 19 February 2009

Veena's and Hemisha's Joint Venture and More

I mentioned somewhere in my last post that I have started a business with my best friend in Sydney Australia. I am very excited about it. Will explain the works of it in detail.

1. I do the shopping of a number of items namely Junk Jewellry, Bindis, Clips, Purses, Mobile Purses, Artifacts, Heram Pants, Stolls, Kurtis etc etc....
2. Click pictures of all the products (sometimes I have to act a model and pose for the products hahaha) and send to my friend.
3. She checks them out and puts them on to the blog www.madeinindiya.blogspot.com.
4. I send the parcel as a courier to my friend. 
5. Parcel takes 3-4 days to reach my friend.
6 My friend sees the stuff ( gets excited) and also clicks some pictures which might have not come good in the first try.
7. Updates the blog and sends it to her friends and family out there in Australia.
8. She gets calls from potential customers tells them to come and pick up the items over the weekend.
9. She lets me know on the email or on gtalk ( I love the voice calls btw) what items are a hit and what are a miss.
10. The entire circle starts all over again.

Basically ( thats my favourite word) its a 10 step process. There are certian other things that don't really feature in the 10 steps. They are the research that goes into the buying (on myside) and the leg work and hard selling expanding which goes into ( on her side). In all feels good to be doing something. Oh ya and the fun it is to shop with a purpose, it is too good.  

Well both my friend and I are learning in the process, we know its going to take time to start off in a big way, so we are keeping our patience. 

Hmmm thats about it about the business front.

And now for the More part.

Again so many things happened that its very difficult to write about. only would like to say a generalised statment.

"I just hope some better sense privails in everyone in India and around the world at large."


1 comment:

Pooja Nair said...

Congratulations on startng out a new venture..

Sounds like fun!

All the best...may you get "shubh labh" :)