Thursday 21 June 2007

My Experiences With The Taxis Of Mumbai

Contrary to what other people say I have never had any unpleasent experience with taxi drivers. Ya a couple of times I did go through the ordeal of not having change etc.

I feel their lives are pretty sad. Entire day driving, manouver traffic, go through the tantrums of the passangers, being away from family and most of all their health. I think we need to respect them. What say?!?!

They are human beings and working like most of us. Some drivers have terrible tempers, they yell at the pedestrians or at other drivers. Some have a sense of humour they can laugh and make you laugh. Some are sweet ( if you know what I mean). Some are very knowledgeable like they know about new technology, latest news local national, and they can talk about health and ayurveda etc. Some come with surprise packages, this one driver spoke to me in fluent english was a shock and surprise at the same time. Others have a Please-dont-look-or-talk-to-me kind of look.

Personally I think we must make them feel relaxed and chill them out. Don't talk to them like you own them. For example if they have their FM radio on then don't yell asking them to shut it. Same thing can be done in a polite manner. They like it and appreciate it and whats more they will drive better and will be relaxed also.

I think all we need to know that they have made life simple and faster for us. Otherwise our Meters would be down.

Kya Bolta Blogspot chaloge kya?


P.S. Please vote for TAJ

2 comments:

Unknown said...

deyyy..
pls change the heading ... sounds ekdum double meaning :))

Pooja Nair said...

I absolutely agree! They have to put up with a lot as it is...a little politeness from us will go a long way in helping them deal with their tough lives.